Skip to content

Consular services

Read more about the services that the Danish diplomatic representations offer apart from visa and residence permits on this page.

Unfold text
Collapse text

Legalization of Chinese documents

Notarization and legalization of Chinese documents (e.g. marriage certificate) required by the Danish authorities.

Before a Chinese document can be submitted to the Danish authorities, it has to be notarized by a Notary Public and then legalized by the Chinese Foreign Ministry and the Danish Embassy.

When the document is submitted to Notary Public, it will automatically be translated into English.

If one informs Notary Public that the document has to be legalized, the Notary Public may make sure that the document is sent to the Foreign Ministry and the Danish Embassy, after which it will be returned to Notary Public.

If the Notary Public does not offer to forward the document to the Foreign Ministry, it should be brought in person to an authorized local foreign affairs office or agency, who will forward it to the Foreign Ministry and Danish Embassy. See the list here. After the legalization process, the document will be returned to the local foreign affairs office or agency.

If you are a Danish citizen holding a Chinese certificate, you may also bring your notarized document directly to the Legalization Department at the Foreign Ministry. The ministry will make sure that the Danish Embassy legalizes it and the document can be picked up by the Danish citizen at the Foreign Ministry afterwards.

Information on legalization procedures and local Foreign Affairs Offices in China can be found on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China's website.

北京:北京市朝阳门南大街2号外交部南楼7 邮编:100701
Legalization Department at the Foreign Ministry
7 Floor, the South Building of Ministry of Foreign Affairs, No.2, Chaoyangmen Nandajie, Chaoyang District, Beijing, 100701

上海:上海市华山路228号 国际贵都大酒店办公楼2上海市外事服务中心 
Shanghai Foreign Affairs Service Center, 2F, The Office Building of Hotel Equatorial Shanghai, No.228 Huashan Rd, Shanghai.

广州:广东省广州市海珠区赤岗友邻一路2号 广东省外事服务中心
电话:+86 (20) 8121 7589
Guangdong Foreign Affairs Center
No.2 Youlinyi Lu, Chi Gang, Haizhu District, Guangzhou, Guangdong Province
Tel: +86 (20) 8121 7589

For information on legalization of Danish documents > read here (in Danish only)

Unfold text
Collapse text


Content responsible

Charlotte Duelund
Head of Visa and Consular Section, Beijing
Phone: +86 (10) 8532 9900