Position: Commercial Officer, Food
Deadline: 17 February 2017
Location: 1 Dong Wu Jie, San Li Tun, Beijing 100600
The Royal Danish Embassy is looking to recruit an energetic, results-oriented business and partnerships developer with in-depth experience from the food, agriculture & fisheries sector to take on a full-time position as Commercial Officer.
Your job will be to develop and apply business solutions for Danish food, agriculture or fishery companies with a presence of potentials, or growing in China.
The Trade Council (TC) is fully integrated with the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs. TC assists and promotes Danish companies’ interests in China. TC China consists of 5 different industry teams with around 50 employees in 5 different locations. You will be a member of the Food, Agriculture & Fisheries Team, which consist of 14 officers and you will be reporting to the Beijing-based Minister Counsellor (Statskonsulent) for Food, Agriculture & Fisheries. You will be working closely with colleagues in Shanghai, Chongqing, Guangzhou and Taipei. We offer a challenging work environment where you need to combine independent work with a high degree of team-work.
The Trade Council provides access to China for Danish companies by a range of services:
• Public Affairs, Market Access and Regulatory Affairs advisory
• Business partnering
• Market Analysis and Market Entry Strategies
• Partner Search (Sourcing and Sales)
• Establishment of company set up in China
• Tax and Legal Counselling including IPR at basic non-attorney level
You will provide high-level business development services, consultancy services and research with focus on sustaining strong governmental and commercial relations between Denmark and China.
Your work will include:
• Business Development Coordination within the Trade Council framework
o Develop and coordinate stakeholder engagement activities, e.g. industry seminars, meetings, follow-ups, round tables, interactions
o Outreach and first contact regarding developed services
o Development of strategic partnership projects
o Market research incl. understanding of distribution systems, demographics and business between Denmark and China
o Mapping of potential Chinese and international partners, and initiate contact
o Consumer insights
o Follow up on regulatory development
We are looking for a business development professional with excellent interpersonal skills, an ability to ensure timely, high quality deliverables and, preferably, with experience in the food, agriculture & fisheries industry.
• Experience in executing consultancy services as well as strong commercial sense
• Business background preferable – alternatively, consumer goods background with solid work experience
• International experience, possibly from studies, working abroad or working in an international company
• Excellent command of English and either Danish or Mandarin - oral and written
• Knowledge about Danish food, agriculture, aquatic or ingredient businesses is a plus
• Structured mindset and excellent planning and coordination skills
• Experience in working with foreign enterprises
• Experience working with Chinese officials is an advantage
• Experience within the governmental affairs in China
• Pro-active “Go do it”-type – likes to work independently
• Creative and self-motivated
• Flexibility to travel internationally
• Analytical mindset – Excel – and general solid skills within MS Office and IT
• Great team player abilities and able to knowledge sharing
To apply for the position, please send your CV and application in English explaining your motivation and qualifications for the job to email@example.com. The subject box of the e-mail should read “Commercial Officer, Food”. If you have any questions about the position, please contact Christian Dehlholm, head of the team, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We expect the interviews to take place in the week commencing on 27 February 2017.
The Danish Embassy emphasizes equal opportunities for all and applications from qualified persons are welcome regardless of race, sex, religion or disability.
The Trade Council is the governmental export and investment promotion organisation under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark. The organisation comprises all governmental activities designed to promote Danish export and foreign investment in Denmark under one roof.
The Trade Council has approximately 250 employees abroad located at 90 embassies, consulates general and trade commissions in 64 countries.
To ensure that the Trade Council's activities are always rooted in the needs of the business community, a Board of Directors has been established. The Board consists of active business professionals with practical international experience as well as industrial and social insight.
The organisation focuses on offering Danish companies individual advice on all issues important for their international activities. It is a professional and innovative organisation which aims to secure the best possible conditions for taking part in the increasing globalisation for the Danish industry. Moreover, it is an organisation which can act as a sparring partner for companies at all levels.
The Trade Council is in a position to offer substantial and discernible benefits to both new and experienced export firms. The goal is to offer the Danish business community the opportunity to enter a close partnership which will enhance the professional analysis of foreign markets and thereby increase the competitiveness of the companies.